|UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS!
|IAMI's 27th Annual Training Seminar, Hosted by; Georgia DNR Law Enforcement Division||Hilton Desoto Savannah, Savannah, Georgia|
March 13, 2017 - March 15, 2017
Learn More at IAMIMarine.org
|For additional training and conference information,|
please visit the IAMIMarine.org Conferences and Training page.
IAMI — International Association of Marine Investigators objectives, as stated in its constitution and bylaws:
- Provide marine theft investigative training.
- Develop & disseminate educational materials to conduct marine investigations.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of marine investigations & related investigative activities.
- Promote the application, prevention and suppression of the following but not limited to: marine crime, vessel accident prevention/investigation, environmental protection, marine drug smuggling, cargo crime and boating safety issues.
- Unite for the mutual benefit of those persons who are eligible for membership.
- Accumulate & disseminate information of interest to all members.
- Eliminate all factors that interfere with the administration of justice.
- Operate as a non-profit organization.
- Appropriate no funding for political lobbying.
IAMI — offers annual and regional conferences to further the training and knowledge of investigators working in the marine environment throughout the world.
Founded in 1986 when Major Dave MacGillis, of the Florida Marine Patrol, organized and published the Vessel Theft Investigators National Roster. This roster was intended to assist investigators combat marine crime, a high profit, low risk crime that was out of control, by providing contact persons from various agencies involved in marine theft investigations.
In 1994, the organization went International. In 1996, IAMI-Europe was started. IAMI has issued more than 3000 memberships to investigators representing the public and private sectors in the United States and around the world.
IAMI MISSION STATEMENT
The International Association of Marine Investigators mission: To develop and provide high levels of training to law enforcement, insurance investigators, and other marine professionals. Working and training together with both public and private sectors, to combat marine theft, arson, fraud, and other criminal activity in the marine environment.