UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS!
IAMI — International Association of Marine Investigators objectives, as stated in its constitution and bylaws:
- Provide marine theft investigative training.
- Develop & disseminate educational materials to conduct marine investigations.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of marine investigations & related investigative activities.
- Promote the application, prevention and suppression of the following but not limited to: marine crime, vessel accident prevention/investigation, environmental protection, marine drug smuggling, cargo crime and boating safety issues.
- Unite for the mutual benefit of those persons who are eligible for membership.
- Accumulate & disseminate information of interest to all members.
- Eliminate all factors that interfere with the administration of justice.
- Operate as a non-profit organization.
- Appropriate no funding for political lobbying.
IAMI — offers annual and regional conferences to further the training and knowledge of investigators working in the marine environment throughout the world.
Founded in 1986 when Major Dave MacGillis, of the Florida Marine Patrol, organized and published the Vessel Theft Investigators National Roster. This roster was intended to assist investigators combat marine crime, a high profit, low risk crime that was out of control, by providing contact persons from various agencies involved in marine theft investigations.
In 1994, the organization went International. In 1996, IAMI-Europe was started. IAMI has issued more than 3000 memberships to investigators representing the public and private sectors in the United States and around the world.
IAMI MISSION STATEMENT
The International Association of Marine Investigators mission: To develop and provide high levels of training to law enforcement, insurance investigators, and other marine professionals. Working and training together with both public and private sectors, to combat marine theft, arson, fraud, and other criminal activity in the marine environment.
The role of the American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) is to be the essential source of technical information for the international marine industry. We will develop product safety standards, credentialing, education, training, and other tools to equip our members to be successful. Everything we do will support our members to achieve the goal of making boating safer.
Vendors - Click Here to make your payment for the 2015 Annual Training Seminar. Please submit a brief Mission Statement and company Logo in jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Membership Year
August 1, 2014 thru July 31, 2015
2014 Membership Renewal's have been sent out via email.
Members who have not
renewed their 2014 Membership by August 1st will be removed from the
online IAMI database. Remember, if you are a Certified Marine
Investigator (CMI) and your membership expires, your CMI designation will
expire as well.
We want to thank those of
you who have already paid your 2014 membership dues.
Contact IAMI Headquarters via email or phone, should you have questions regarding your IAMI Membership.
Renew your membership, update your profile.
Print your Memberhip Certificate and/or a Membership Card.
Review the CMI Program reqirements and Marine Investigation Manual, complete a CMI Application and pay the CMI fees all in Members Only.
Read the lastest issue of the IAMI NewsletterIAMI Members Only.
and find other informative and valuable links for
IAMI's 2014 NEWSLETTER
IAMI Headquarters has a new mailing address:
2427 Main St.
Lohman, MO 65053
The email address remains the same:
IAMI Sponsor Acknowledgements
(Click on logo for sponsor information)
Harry Hampton Memorial Wildlife Fund
International Association of Auto Theft Investigators