IAMI International Association of Marine Investigators objectives, as stated in its constitution and bylaws:
- Provide marine theft investigative training.
- Develop & disseminate educational materials to conduct marine investigations.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of marine investigations & related investigative activities.
- Promote the application, prevention and suppression of the following but not limited to: marine crime, vessel accident prevention/investigation, environmental protection, marine drug smuggling, cargo crime and boating safety issues.
- Unite for the mutual benefit of those persons who are eligible for membership.
- Accumulate & disseminate information of interest to all members.
- Eliminate all factors that interfere with the administration of justice.
- Operate as a non-profit organization.
- Appropriate no funding for political lobbying.
IAMI offers annual and regional conferences to further the training and knowledge of investigators working in the marine environment throughout the world.
Founded in 1986 when Major Dave MacGillis, of the Florida Marine Patrol, organized and published the Vessel Theft Investigators National Roster. This roster was intended to assist investigators combat marine crime, a high profit, low risk crime that was out of control, by providing contact persons from various agencies involved in marine theft investigations.
In 1994, the organization went International. In 1996, IAMI-Europe was started. IAMI has issued more than 3000 memberships to investigators representing the public and private sectors in the United States and around the world.
IAMI MISSION STATEMENT
The International Association of Marine Investigators mission: To develop and provide high levels of training to law enforcement, insurance investigators, and other marine professionals. Working and training together with both public and private sectors, to combat marine theft, arson, fraud, and other criminal activity in the marine environment.
committed to providing the finest safety gear for marine professionals.
1141 Ringwood Court
San Jose, CA 95131
Vendors - Click Here to make your payment for the 2016 Annual Training Seminar. Please submit a brief Mission Statement and company Logo jpgy Logo in jpg format to email@example.com.
2014 Membership Year
ends July 31, 2015
2015 Membership Renewal are due by July 31, 2015. Notifications have gone out via email. If you have not received yours please check your spam folder or contact IAMI Headquarters.
Contact IAMI Headquarters via email or phone, should you have questions regarding your IAMI Membership.
Visit IAMI on Twitter at: IAMItweet1
IAMI's 25th Mobile ATS certificates and class listings have been sent via email. If you have not received yours please check your spam folder or contact IAMI Headquarters.
IAMI's 2015 NEWSLETTER
June ~ August
IAMI Europe 18th Annual Conference October 18-20, 2015
(Riga 2015 Brochure)
(Riga Application Form)
IAMI Sponsor Acknowledgements
(Click on logo for sponsor information)