UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS!
IAMI — International Association of Marine Investigators objectives, as stated in its constitution and bylaws:
- Provide marine theft investigative training.
- Develop & disseminate educational materials to conduct marine investigations.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of marine investigations & related investigative activities.
- Promote the application, prevention and suppression of the following but not limited to: marine crime, vessel accident prevention/investigation, environmental protection, marine drug smuggling, cargo crime and boating safety issues.
- Unite for the mutual benefit of those persons who are eligible for membership.
- Accumulate & disseminate information of interest to all members.
- Eliminate all factors that interfere with the administration of justice.
- Operate as a non-profit organization.
- Appropriate no funding for political lobbying.
IAMI — offers annual and regional conferences to further the training and knowledge of investigators working in the marine environment throughout the world.
Founded in 1986 when Major Dave MacGillis, of the Florida Marine Patrol, organized and published the Vessel Theft Investigators National Roster. This roster was intended to assist investigators combat marine crime, a high profit, low risk crime that was out of control, by providing contact persons from various agencies involved in marine theft investigations.
In 1994, the organization went International. In 1996, IAMI-Europe was started. IAMI has issued more than 3000 memberships to investigators representing the public and private sectors in the United States and around the world.
IAMI MISSION STATEMENT
The International Association of Marine Investigators mission: To develop and provide high levels of training to law enforcement, insurance investigators, and other marine professionals. Working and training together with both public and private sectors, to combat marine theft, arson, fraud, and other criminal activity in the marine environment.
Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal
The FBI’s Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal (LEEP) is a gateway providing law enforcement agencies, intelligence groups, and criminal justice entities access to beneficial resources. These resources will strengthen case development for investigators, enhance information sharing between agencies, and be accessible in one centralized location.
Along with these great resources being located in one centralized location, authorized users will be able to gain access by logging in using a single sign-on process—using one username and one password for many different resources and services within the LEEP.
Here are a few examples of the services on the LEEP:
For more information on the LEEP or to find out how to become a Service Provider (an agency that provides a service/resource to the LEEP) or Identity Provider (an agency that partners with the LEEP, which give their users easier access to the LEEP resources), please contact the FBI Support Center, available 24/7 to answer any questions
FBI Support Center contact information:
(888) 334-4536, toll-free domestic calls
(225) 334-4536, international calls
(225) 334-1934, TTY (hearing-impaired)
Vendors - Click Here to make your payment for the 2015 Annual Training Seminar. Please submit a brief Mission Statement and company Logo in jpg format to email@example.com.
2014 Membership Year
August 1, 2014 thru July 31, 2015
2014 Membership Renewal's were sent via email.
We want to thank those of you who have paid your 2014 membership dues.
Members who have not renewed their 2014 Membership by August 1st will be removed from the online IAMI database. Remember, if you are a Certified Marine Investigator (CMI) and your membership expires, your CMI designation will expire as well.
Contact IAMI Headquarters via email or phone, should you have questions regarding your IAMI Membership.
Visit IAMI on Twitter at: iamimarine
IAMI's 2014 NEWSLETTER
IAMI's 25th Annual Training Seminar
March 1-4, 2015 - Mobile, AL
(click for information)
IAMI Sponsor Acknowledgements
(Click on logo for sponsor information)
Harry Hampton Memorial Wildlife Fund
International Association of Auto Theft Investigators