| UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS!
IAMI International Association of Marine Investigators objectives, as stated in its constitution and bylaws:
- Provide marine theft investigative training.
- Develop & disseminate educational materials to conduct marine investigations.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of marine investigations & related investigative activities.
- Promote the application, prevention and suppression of the following but not limited to: marine crime, vessel accident prevention/investigation, environmental protection, marine drug smuggling, cargo crime and boating safety issues.
- Unite for the mutual benefit of those persons who are eligible for membership.
- Accumulate & disseminate information of interest to all members.
- Eliminate all factors that interfere with the administration of justice.
- Operate as a non-profit organization.
- Appropriate no funding for political lobbying.
IAMI offers annual and regional conferences to further the training and knowledge of investigators working in the marine environment throughout the world.
Founded in 1986 when Major Dave MacGillis, of the Florida Marine Patrol, organized and published the Vessel Theft Investigators National Roster. This roster was intended to assist investigators combat marine crime, a high profit, low risk crime that was out of control, by providing contact persons from various agencies involved in marine theft investigations.
In 1989, the first three-day training seminar was held in New Orleans, LA. The following year, 1990,
the National Association of Marine Investigators (NAMI) was formed. As NAMI grew, our membership increased both nationally and internationally. In 1994, the organization went International. In 1996, IAMI-Europe was established. We are represented by marine professionals from all over the world. Whether your case is local or a county away, IAMI members are ready to lend a hand. Worldwide networking is one of the best benefits of IAMI.
IAMI MISSION STATEMENT
The International Association of Marine Investigators mission: To develop and provide high levels of training to law enforcement, insurance investigators, and other marine professionals. Working and training together with both public and private sectors, to combat marine theft, arson, fraud, and other criminal activity in the marine environment.
LASER TECHNOLOGY - LASER MEASUREMENT
Traffic accidents are known to cause secondary
accidents, so you have
to work fast for the sake of safety, but you conít
compromise the integrity
of your data.
This is precisely why the power of reflectorless technology,
officer can gather detained measurements of vehicle positions, surrounding
landmarks and anything else that may be relevant to the cause. Our Quick Map
3D field software incorporates
three choices of mapping techniques to handle the
challenges of large, complex
crash scenes and investigations on extreme terrain.
Vendors - Click Here to make your payment for the 2016 Knoxville Annual Training Seminar. Please submit a brief Mission Statement and company Logo jpgy Logo in jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Membership Year
August 1, 2015 thru July 31, 2016
2014 Membership Year
ended July 31, 2015
2015 Membership Renewal notifications have gone out via email. If you have not received yours please check your spam folder.
Contact IAMI Headquarters via email or phone, should you have questions regarding your IAMI Membership.
Visit IAMI on Twitter at: IAMItweet1
IAMI's 2015 NEWSLETTER
June ~ August
Annual Training Seminar
March 13-16, 2016
(Knoxville Training Agenda)
(Knoxville Exhibitor Kit)
IAMI Sponsor Acknowledgements
(Click on logo for sponsor information)