IAMI International Association of Marine Investigators objectives, as stated in its constitution and bylaws:
- Provide marine theft investigative training.
- Develop & disseminate educational materials to conduct marine investigations.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of marine investigations & related investigative activities.
- Promote the application, prevention and suppression of the following but not limited to: marine crime, vessel accident prevention/investigation, environmental protection, marine drug smuggling, cargo crime and boating safety issues.
- Unite for the mutual benefit of those persons who are eligible for membership.
- Accumulate & disseminate information of interest to all members.
- Eliminate all factors that interfere with the administration of justice.
- Operate as a non-profit organization.
- Appropriate no funding for political lobbying.
IAMI offers annual and regional conferences to further the training and knowledge of investigators working in the marine environment throughout the world.ey
Founded in 1986 when Major Dave MacGillis, of the Florida Marine Patrol, organized and published the Vessel Theft Investigators National Roster. This roster was intended to assist investigators combat marine crime, a high profit, low risk crime that was out of control, by providing contact persons from various agencies involved in marine theft investigations.
In 1989, the first three-day training seminar was held in New Orleans, LA. The following year, 1990,
the National Association of Marine Investigators (NAMI) was formed. As NAMI grew, our membership increased both nationally and internationally. In 1994, the organization went International. In 1996, IAMI-Europe was established. We are represented by marine professionals from all over the world. Whether your case is local or a county away, IAMI members are ready to lend a hand. Worldwide networking is one of the best benefits of IAMI.
IAMI MISSION STATEMENT
The International Association of Marine Investigators mission: To develop and provide high levels of training to law enforcement, insurance investigators, and other marine professionals. Working and training together with both public and private sectors, to combat marine theft, arson, fraud, and other criminal activity in the marine environment.
Unified Investigations & Sciences, Inc., a Sedgwick
Company, is a multidisciplinary forensic engineering firm. We provide our
clients with forensic analyses and origin-and-cause investigations that are the
highest quality in the industry. Unified offers global experience, national
coverage and local expertise. As one of the largest forensic firms in the
United States, we have a national footprint with a staff of forensic engineers
and fire investigators from coast to coast to ensure the timely and expert
response you need, anytime, anywhere. Results Matter™
UNIFIED INVESTIGATIONS & SCIENCES
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
TOLL FREE: 888-584-7872
Vendors - Click Here to make your payment for the 2018 Norfolk, Virginia Annual Training Seminar. Please submit a brief Mission Statement and company Logo in jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org.